HT Scholarship Programme 2013
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS (THROUGH GUARDIANS) OF THE ‘HINDUSTAN TIMES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME 2012-2013india Updated: Nov 03, 2012 15:23 IST
Terms and Conditions for HT Scholarship Programme 2013
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS (THROUGH GUARDIANS) OF THE ‘HINDUSTAN TIMES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME 2012-2013“(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. Period of the Scholarship program: For a period Commencing from 22nd October 2012 to 31st March 2013 for students of Indian nationality residing in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane regions only.
2. Eligibility criteria: Students who are studying in classes 5th to 9th and have scored more than 60% in their last year’s final examination, are eligible for certification and scholarships under the Scholarship Program. Students can participate in the Scholarship Program by filling the nomination forms which shall be made available at select Schools and published in Hindustan Times, Mumbai Edition.
3. Application Procedure
a. Application to scholarships can be made through the following sources
i. Forms printed in newspaper “HINDUSTAN TIMES”
ii. Forms distributed in schools by HT Media Limited representatives
b. The forms would need to be filled with accurate details and should be sent to the prescribed address mentioned in the form or handed over to a HTML’s representative.
c. Incomplete forms would not be considered for the selection process
d. Following documents need to be enclosed along with the application form
i. Essay as their entry
ii. Previous years academic records
4. HT Media Ltd shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HT Media Ltd does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. The successful students shall be selected as per the details filled in the nomination forms submitted by them. There will be 50 Successful students for the scholarship program who will be selected to receive the scholarship amount. The scholarship amount shall be Rs 50,000/-.
5. The selection for the Scholarship Program shall be based on participant's academic and all round achievement, assessment in essay, followed by an interview session of each eligible student taken by HTML panelist.
6. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the scholarship amount / selection of successful students, the decision of HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned. The successful students will be intimated by HT Media Ltd.
7. The scholarship amount shall be given to the successful students on production of valid documents for Photo and ID proof. The successful students shall be required to get the Terms and Conditions signed by their Parents/guardian before accepting the scholarship amount. Any failure on the part of the successful students to comply with directions issued by HTML, shall entitle HTML, in its own discretion to cancel and forfeit the scholarship amount for the said successful students and then the same scholarship amount shall be given to the next chosen successful students.
8. The successful students may collect the scholarship amount from HT Media Ltd’s Mumbai office on intimation. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the program on the due date for the scholarship amount, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing successful students of the respective scholarship amount draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
9. All the costs and expenses for collecting the scholarship amount shall be borne solely by the successful students and HTML shall not entertain any claim, whatsoever. The successful students are solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the offer.
10. The scholarship amount shall be non-transferable, non-negotiable and no such request shall be entertained by HTML. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer alternative scholarship amount of the same value.
11. Employees of HTML and its affiliates/subsidiaries, sponsors of the scholarship Amount, associated agencies, participating operators and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this scholarship program.
12. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the scholarship program.
13. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
14. The Scholarship program shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the scholarship program and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
15. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
16. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any previous notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the Scholarship program.
17. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the program and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such participants to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
18. All entries shall be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/successful students waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Program.
19. Participants/successful students may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/successful students.
20. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/successful student’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Program, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a successful students has been chosen to receive the scholarship Program
21. Apart from the above-mentioned scholarship amount/s, nothing else will be provided to the successful students. All applicable taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers and other expenses, if any, will have to be borne and paid by the successful students. Further the successful students and his/her parent undertakes that the scholarship amount so provided in terms of this contest is to be used solely for meeting education cost of student receiving the scholarship amount". and incase HTML finds the scholarship amount is found to be used for any other purposes then HTML shall have the right to take appropriate action against the Parents/guardian as it may deem fit.
22. All scholarship amounts shall be claimed by the successful students, accompanied with documents specified herein below, from HTML within 60 days from the date of announcement of the successful students. The documents required to be submitted along with the claim by the successful students include the following (the document list is only indicative and not exhaustive and HTML shall be entitled to request the participant to produce such other document/s from the Successful students as it may deem fit to its sole and absolute satisfaction:
• Identity Proof • Address Proof • PAN Card (of the Parent/guardian) • Signed copy of this terms and conditions of the Parent/guardian
The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the Scholarship Program.
23. HTML at its sole discretion may also waive production of any of the aforesaid documents.
24. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
25. If the successful students fail to claim their scholarships amounts or submit the aforesaid documents to claim the scholarship amount within 60 days from the date of availability of the successful students’ details, then HTML reserves the right to forfeit such unclaimed scholarship amounts.
26. The offer in this Scholarship Program cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative offer or promotion.
27. The successful students shall be responsible to keep in safe custody the intimation letter and/or confirmations given/ issued to him by HTML. In case of loss or damage or theft of the same, HTML reserves the right to issue duplicate(s) subject to such verifications and/or on such other term/s as it may desire.
28. HTML reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the scholarship amount at any time at its sole discretion.
29. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the successful students or any third party, whether in connection with this scholarship program , or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
30. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the Scholarship Program, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
31. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the scholarship program including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct Scholarship program score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
32. This Scholarship Program is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
33. The Scholarship Program is valid subject to the successful students complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
34. HTML reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria, at its sole discretion at anytime during it’s validity.
35. This Scholarship program is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by the statutory authority from time to time.
36. Participation in the scholarship program implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the scholarship program.