THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE "GENERAL RULES") ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/CONTESTANTS OF THE "HT EDGE DAILY QUIZ CONTEST" (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE "CONTEST") PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. The Contest period is as follows:
JANUARY 20th 2011 to FEBRUARY 3rd 2011 (Midnight)
and is applicable to the readers of
2. The question would appear in display panels in selective metro trains in Delhi/NCR as HT may deem fit.
3. To participate, the Readers will have to
Only those entries, which are received by
shall be considered for the contest and
shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry.
does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
shall not be liable for system/server failures. Neither can
be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the contest.
reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this contest.
7. Winners will be chosen on a random basis from the correct entries received by
would be contacted by
team to collect their prizes till a specified time from the
Connaught Place, Delhi office.
8. Decision of
with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
9. Only the winners shall be informed by
and the details shall be sent via MOBILE Number provided at the time of registration of the contest. Non-receiving of calls shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
10. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by
The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
holds no responsibility or liability in case
is unable to inform the winner of his/her win due to non availability / wrong number or any other reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, having made the best efforts. In such a case
shall not be liable to proof the efforts made in this regard.
13. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
14. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash, either in whole or in part, at any stage of the Contest. The prizes shall be non negotiable and non transferable. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances,
reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
15. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the prize. Tax deductable at source under Income Tax Act is applicable for any prize exceeding the value of Rs. 5,000/- .The winner shall submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize.
shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while participating in this Contest.
17. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize,
shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
18. All entries will be treated as the property of
and can be used by
for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of
by participating in the contest.
19. Participants/winners may be required by
to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that
has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally.
may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
22. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made,
reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest,
in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
24. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the Contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by
. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
25. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
27. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.