Insisting that no impropriety had been committed, former External Affairs Minister K Natwar Singh said in the Rajya Sabha on Monday that there was no evidence of his linkage with Iraq's oil-for-food scam "except through surmises".
"I have not signed any contract nor have I received any voucher," Natwar Singh said while making a personal statement in the house.
"My record in public life is without blemish. God has been good to me; therefore there is no reason to indulge in acts of impropriety for personal gain," the Congress leader, who has been suspended from the party, said.
Terming the report of the Justice RS Pathak Inquiry Authority as "flawed", he said its conclusions "are at best questionable".
Natwar Singh was indicted by the Pathak panel for misusing his position in getting contracts in Iraq's oil-for-food scam.