The Intelligence Bureau (IB) inputs warning of possible terror strikes in the city have also mentioned some dates reportedly fixed by terrorists to strike their targets, a senior official of Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) said.
"The inputs given by the agency (IB) also include some dates, on which, it says the terrorists were planning to carry out strikes on some vital locations. Of these dates, two dates have passed," the official added.
"The agency has also provided us photographs of some important locations in the city," the official said.
Additional Director General ATS K P Raghuvanshi said the photographs were likely to have been downloaded.
"We have no evidence that reconnaissance mission was carried out to take the photographs," he added.
Security has been stepped up and a strict vigil is being maintained at railway stations, tourist spots and financial units following the IB alert on July 8.
Home Minister Jayant Patil and top police officials on Wednesday held a meeting to review the security across the city and neighbouring districts in the wake of the alert.
Playing down the threat, Patil had said it was a general alert and adequate security measures had been adopted to ensure safety.
"He (Patil) doesn't want to trigger a panic among people by saying anything more about the threat. But orders were issued to be alert," the sources said.