Illegal building at Ardee city: No action taken | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 23, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Illegal building at Ardee city: No action taken

india Updated: Mar 05, 2012 01:21 IST
Dhananjay Jha
Dhananjay Jha
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Even after a week of issuing a show-cause notice to the owner of an illegal school building in Ardee City, the district administration has not initiated any action against the illegal structure.

The district town planning department (DTP) had sent a show-cause notice to Ardee Infrastructure, owner of the primary school, on February 22 seeking explanation in seven days.

A DTP official confirmed to Hindustan Times that the two-storey building at Ardee City in Sector 52 had been constructed in violation of the building byelaws.

"Yes, the school building has been erected without permission from the department," said Dilbag Singh, district town planner (enforcement), Gurgaon.

"We have called the owner of the school for personal hearing, which is a formality. After which an action may be initiated against the building," said the official.

HT had carried a story on the illegal school building last month. Ardee Infrastructure director Shefali Verma had claimed to have applied for building plan approval.

"We have applied for the approval when we came to know about it. However, I cannot say much on the issue. The management officials may give you more details," Verma had said. She refused to elaborate on the unapproved construction.

"There is no provision of applying ten years after the building was erected and such act deserves only stringent action," said the enforcement official. But the department did not fix any date for action.

The district town planning department (enforcement) is authorised to take appropriate action against an unauthorised structure in a licensed colony such as Ardee City under Section 8 of Punjab Scheduled Road and Controlled Area Restriction Act 1963.

Ardee City is a licensed colony where any building cannot be erected without prior permission from the town planning department.