Illegal constructions should fall | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 24, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Illegal constructions should fall

The traders seem to demand that all their illegal activities over the years be legalised. And in this they have full support of politicians, both of the Congress and of BJP. The traders seem to be complaining that the sealing will kill their avenues of making a living. By the same logic a "supari killer" could claim pardon because even though his activity is illegal, stopping it could starve him and his family!

india Updated: Oct 16, 2006 20:32 IST

The traders seem to demand that all their illegal activities over the years be legalised. And in this they have full support of politicians, both of the Congress and of BJP. Does this prove that all politicians are interested in supporting illegal activities? Of late most of the electronic media (TV channels) are airing the statements of the traders. They are shown complaining that the sealing will kill their avenues of making a living.

By the same logic a "supari killer" could claim pardon because even though his activity is illegal, stopping it could starve him and his family! Traders comprise hardly 10 per cent of the city's population. Why don't the TV channels project the views of the remaining 90 per cent of the people as well?