India rubbishes Pak's charge about Lahore blast
India on Tuesday rubbished Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik's accusations about its involvement in Monday's Lahore blast as "absolutely baseless".india Updated: Mar 09, 2010 20:17 IST
India on Tuesday rubbished Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik's accusations about its involvement in Monday's Lahore blast as "absolutely baseless".
"These charges are absolutely baseless," government sources said in New Delhi on Tuesday.
"We are not going to dignify it with an official response," the sources added.
This is not the first time they have accused India of such a thing, the sources said, adding that similar allegations were made last year for the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore.
Similarly, Pakistan has been fabricating evidence about India's alleged involvement in fomenting insurgency in Balochistan, the sources said. No evidence has been shared with us on this, the sources said.
Alluding to the attack on the Federal Investigative Agency building in Lahore that left 15 dead Monday, Rehman Malik had said: "All the weapons are coming from Afghanistan. The signatures of India are very much there in weapons seized in (Pakistan's) tribal areas."
Malik added that Pakistan would present "evidence" of India's alleged involvement in the attacks whenever talks are held between the two sides.