An Indian maid, along with three other persons, has been killed in a gas-leak from pesticides stored in the basement of a house in Kuwait city.
The Interior Ministry sources were quoted as saying by the Arab Times that two Kuwaiti children and two maids were killed in the incident.
Four other persons in the house, who inhaled the toxic gas, have been admitted to the hospital in critical condition and the house had been sealed to carry out forensic examinations, they said.
According to the sources, the basement was leased to a major food company to store foodstuffs. The company had sprayed pesticides around the foodstuff to prevent the material from getting infested, they added.