Injured Armstrong tells Giro organisers to trust him | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 27, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Injured Armstrong tells Giro organisers to trust him

Lance Armstrong has told Giro d'Italia organisers to have faith in his ability to recover from a broken collarbone in time for May's race.

india Updated: Apr 17, 2009 14:17 IST

Lance Armstrong has told Giro d'Italia organisers to have faith in his ability to recover from a broken collarbone in time for May's race.

"I will be in Venice (for the first stage on May 9). Trust me," the seven-times Tour de France winner wrote in an email to organisers, La Gazzetta dello Sport, part of the RCS group that runs the Giro, said on Friday.

The organisers told a news conference on Thursday that the 37-year-old American had reassured them about his participation after suffering the injury in a race in Spain last month.

Armstrong, who returned to the sport in January after 3- years in retirement, had also said he is making good progress, on his Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong).

He is also due to race in July's Tour de France but fears French authorities could ban him because of a disagreement over his behaviour at a doping test in March.