* The tournament features 12 teams, including all the 10 Test-playing countries and two non-Test playing teams.
* The 10 Test-playing teams automatically qualified for the tournament.
* The non-Test playing teams qualified from the World Cricket League event in January and February.
* Three ICC match referees and nine umpires will officiate the matches.
* England will host the tournament in 2009, Sri Lanka in 2012 and Bangladesh in 2014.
* The ICC decided that South Africa and England should host the first two tournaments because they were the earliest adopters of the format.