Pakistan skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq on Tuesday said the return of pace spearheads Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif to international cricket would add to the team's bowling firepower in the coming matches.
A PCB-appointed appeal tribunal overturned the ban on the two bowlers and gave them a clean chit, paving the way for their comeback to the national team, currently playing an ODI series against West Indies.
"We missed them in the Tests against the West Indies although the other bowlers bowled very well. Their return will only add firepower to our bowling attack for coming matches," Inzamam said.
Inzamam himself is making a return to the ODI fold after serving the four-match ban in the wake of the Oval fiasco.
The first match of the one-day series against the West Indies was washed out in Rawalpindi today but it counted as the fourth game that Inzamam missed.
Chief selector Wasim Bari said along with Inzamam, Shoaib and Asif would also be considered for the remaining matches.
Akhtar was banned for two years and Asif for one after they tested positive for the banned steroid nandrolone by a dope tribunal last month.
The third ODI will be played in Lahore on December 10, 2006.