Jaipur Literature Festival Terms and Conditions
Jaipur Literature Festival Terms and Conditionsindia Updated: Jan 17, 2011 11:33 IST
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE "GENERAL RULES") ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/CONTESTANTS OF "_Win delegate passes to Jaipur Literature Festival contest_____________" "(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE "CONTEST") PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. The contest shall run on
4. The delegate passes provide the benefits as promised by Teamwork on festival website
5. The passes do not provide for any travel, boarding and lodging facility.The partipant/Winner shall be solely responsible for all expenses in availing the Prize.
6. The delegate is not a participating author.
7. Winners will be informed individually.
8. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTML & the Participant and apply to the contest organized by HT Media Ltd. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant. Participation in the contest amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
9. Employees of HT Media Ltd. [HTML], sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
10. Only those entries, which are received by HTML by the date specified, will be considered valid. HTML shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays and the resultant inability of a reader to send in his entry or register/participate in the contest. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
11. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTML that winning entry was sent by them by producing appropriate verification to HTML’s satisfaction & photo ID. The winners shall be required to produce photo identity proof at the time of receiving the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified.
13. HTML will inform every winner twice. In case the winner doesn’t respond even after the second reminder or in the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTML is unable to reach/contact the winner at his address and telephone no. sent for the contest HTML shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
14. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
15. Participant/Winner understands and agree that no cost, claims, liability of whatsoever nature arising in relation to any unfortunate event/mis-happening while availing the prize of the contest against HTML, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance.
16. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favor of HTML by participating in the contest.
17. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant’s/winner’s name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest. HTML may also require participants/winners to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
18. The winners of the prizes will be contacted individually and will be asked to collect their prize from HT HOUSE in Delhi.
19. HTML shall at no time be responsible for any claims arising out or in relation to
20. This prize/offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer nor the prize(s) are transferable and no such request shall be entertained by HTML.
21. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize money (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize money. Alternatively, HTML will be deducting taxes at source on the prize money, therefore, the person claiming the prize money/winning amount must furnish his PAN number while claiming the prize money/winning amount and in absence of PAN number, HTML will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner.
22. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
23. Prize must be claimed in person on production of any document evidencing the use/ownership of the mobile number used to register/participate and Government of India issued proof of identification, including proof of age/address and the same cannot be claimed through any other mode.
24. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
25. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant/Winner to the fullest extent permitted by law.
26. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.