Kachru's father deposes before fast track court | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 25, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Kachru's father deposes before fast track court

india Updated: Aug 28, 2010 18:12 IST
HT Correspondent

Seventeen months after his son Aman Satya Kachru, first year medical student, died allegedly due to ragging incident at Dr Rajendra Prasad Medical College Tanda, Dr Rajendra Kachru deposed before a fast track court in Dharamsala on Saturday.

Dr Rajendra Kachru who came to Dharamsala for first time narrated events related to the death of his son Aman Satya Kachru. Aman’s roommate Ashish Saklani had already recorded his statement in the court explaining that Aman had spoken with his father.

Jiwan Lal Sharma, special public prosecutor appointed by the government, appeared in the court. Dr Kachru stated in the court that his son Aman had detailed him over telephone about the ragging incident, few hours before he died at the hospital. Dr Rajendra Kachru, who spent more than two hours in court, stated on oath that he spoke to his son on March 8 between 4 pm to 5 pm in the evening.

Dr Kachru said that Aman had told him that he had also given a written complaint to the college authorities explaining about the ragging by four senior students.

The fast track court on Friday had re–examined the Dr D.P Swamy assistant professors Forensic science, who had conducted the autopsy, and Dr Harjeet Pal Singh Registrar in the ENT department who had examined Aman Satya Kachru when he complained about pain in his ear.

Dr Rajendra Kachru, while talking media outside the court declined to comment anything further on the courts saying that the matter was subjudist.

Fast track court on July 17 had granted bail to the four senior students of Dr Rajendra Prasad Medical College accused of ragging Aman Satya Kachru.
The four students include Ajay Verma, Naveen Verma, Abhinav Verma and Mukul Sharma.

Taking suo moto notice of the media reports, the High Court had cancelled the bail. All the four students had surrendered before the court of additional session judge after the High Court cancelled their bail.