Karthikeyan crash cost possible podium: Di Resta
Sahara Force India driver Paul Di Resta believes that he could have gone one better than his fourth place finish in the Singapore Grand Prix but for Narain Karthikeyan's crash on lap 30.india Updated: Oct 23, 2012 01:53 IST
Sahara Force India driver Paul Di Resta believes that he could have gone one better than his fourth place finish in the Singapore Grand Prix but for Narain Karthikeyan's crash on lap 30.
"We've got some strong finishes this year," said Di Resta speaking to a group of reporters along with teammate Nico Hulkenberg. "I don't want to blame him but we probably would have achieved one (podium) but for the crash that brought out the safety car."
Despite the financial troubles faced by the Vijay Mallya owned Kingfisher Airlines, Force India has performed strongly on track and has achieved its highest ever points haul (currently 89) and lies seventh in the constructors' standings.
Hulkenberg, who has also recorded a fourth place finish this season, echoed his teammate's confidence in the team establishing itself as a strong mid-field outfit.
"It makes me optimistic for the weekend," said Hulkenberg. "I think last year was a difficult one for us but we are in much better shape now."
The long-term future of both drivers has been a subject of much speculation following the movement in the driver market due to Lewis Hamilton's switch to Mercedes.
Hulkenberg, however, refused to comment on the rumours of his move to Sauber while Di Resta stated that it is not the team's policy to discuss driver contracts.