The long-awaited chargesheet against the lone captured terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Mohammed Ajmal Amir alias Kasab will be filed before a court in Mumbai on Wednesday, a police official said on Tuesday.
The charge sheet also names 11 others, including some Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) activists, Joint Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria told the media on Tuesday evening.
"The mammoth chargesheet will not include the confessional statement of Kasab on the Mumbai terror attacks of November 26-29, 2008, since we have not yet got it from the court," Maria said.
He said the 30 questions raised by Pakistan about the Mumbai terror attacks probe will not be included in the chargesheet since "Mumbai police have not got those questions".
Besides Kasab, the charge sheet includes the names of the nabbed LeT activists Fahim Ansari and Salauddin Mohammed for their role in the terror attacks, he said.
The chargesheet running into more than 5,000 pages will be filed simultaneously in English, Marathi and Urdu, Maria said.
Kasab is the only terrorist caught alive from the group of 10 who attacked Mumbai Nov 26-29 last year, killing over 170 people and injuring more than 300.
Among the dead were 26 foreign nationals, 18 police personnel, and including the then Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) chief Hemant Karkare, additionl police commissioner Ashok Kamte and encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar.
Kasab is at present in police custody facing charges in at least 12 different cases. He is lodged in the high security precincts of the Arthur Road Jail in south-central Mumbai.
The chargesheet signals an end to the complicated probe into the terror attacks carried out by the Mumbai police with inputs from other agencies.