King Khan rocks KBC part III | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 29, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

King Khan rocks KBC part III

KBC will have an entirely new, young generation clued into it, writes Kshama Rao. Pics: SRK takes over

india Updated: Jan 27, 2007 20:10 IST
Kshama Rao

Star India is very glad on Shah Rukh Khan's three day old Kaun Banega Crorepati. On the responses Shah Rukh Khan has received, he says, “Most of those who wrote to me said only good things. They liked my sense of humour. The kids want me to do the English rap of the song.They can’t believe that I can say or sing it. I am still trying to impress them and I hope to in another 10 years.” 

Here is a cross section of opinions on SRk's new guise.

Ajay Vidyasagar, executive vice-president, Star India
"The best part was that Shah Rukh Khan was himself. I have received an overwhelming positive response from the media and friends. We had gone all out to promote the show to make it perfect and Shah Rukh just added to it.

He has amazing energy and connected unbelievably with the contestants and audience. The entire mix of him in a song, then giving a massage to the contestants or jumping off the seat in his inimitable style touched people.

Shah Rukh has revealed on his blog that he was nervous. But he is hard working and committed to outdoing himself. The stakes were very high but after the initial response, we know that we are on to a good thing."

Ganesh Hegde on the rap song Concept:
It was mine, though the idea to do a music video was Shah Rukh’s.

Brief:
I decide what I want to do the choreography the costumes, the look, , music, just about everything. The idea was to present Shah Rukh in a way that one have never seen before. I had done his Main Hoon Don number.

Shooting:
We shot over four days, 10 hours a day at Film City and Filmistan.

Costumes and look:
I put his clothes together, right from the SRK locket he wears, cargo pants, hats, doctor sleeve shirts, everything. He’s looking fabulous in the KBC video, at least 10 years younger, very cool and funky It’s a . new Shah Rukh Khan.

Bluffmaster rip-off:
No, the idea was to do a Hindi rap song with many often-asked questions.

Shekhar Suman
How do you choose between two legends? How do you choose between Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle? Or a Don Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar. I am a huge fan of both Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

On Monday night when I watched KBC, I didn’t watch it for the format. In fact, I was sick of KBC2. I watched this one purely for SRK.

He’s a TV boy, he understands the grammar and idiom of the medium. He has an insane sense of humour while Mr Bachchan is more of a traditonalist, somebody who would fall certainly in line and not deviate from it.

I loved Shah Rukh’s irreverence, maybe because somewhere even I have hosted my shows like that. We should give credit to him just for walking the forbidden path. We should appreciate his courage to have tried to give his own spin that’s been tried and tested.

Let’s not forget Mr Bachchan had the first mover advantage, and that even he couldn’t repeat the same magic the second time around.

Siddhartha Basu
The feedback has been extremely encouraging and to Shah Rukh as the host. According to the first reports, 60 per cent of the viewers have promised to continue watching the show after Monday’s episode while the rest 40 per cent have said that they will watch the rest of the episodes in this week for sure.

If I may say so, the coming episodes are only getting better, Shah Rukh has got into the rhythm of it. In fact Thursday’s episode is the best of the lot for this week.

Across the board, we have a favourable response of Shah Rukh as host. This is not to say that AB (Amitabh Bachchan) was not. Personally speaking, he was awesome and a fantastic host but with SRK, the show will be more youthful, polished, peppy, fun. It will have an entirely new, young generation clued into it. It’s like the show has been rejuvenated.

We do plan to have celebrity specials. We may be shooting with celebrities for Valentine’s Day, though we have yet to confirm who they will be.

tags

Is Your Couch Making You Cough?
Promotional Feature