Knowing your wines
How well do you know your wines?india Updated: Apr 24, 2010 02:41 IST
How well do you know your wines?
1. How many calories are in a glass of wine?
2. How do I make wine?
3. What is port wine?
4. How many bottles of wine are in a case?
5. What is Marsala wine?
6. What wine goes best with chicken?
7. Who is the god of wine?
8. How long does wine last once opened?
9. How do I remove red wine spills from carpet?
10. What is the best way to open a bottle of wine?
1. 127 calories
2. Grapes or other fruits are crushed and combined with yeast, sugar and water. The fruit ferments and creates wine.
3. A fortified, sweet red wine that originated in the Douro Valley of Portugal.
4. Twelve, 750-millilitre bottles
5. A fortified wine named for the Sicilian city of Marsala.
6. Generally, a red wine.
7. Bacchus was the Roman god of wine. His name was Dionysus in Greek mythology.
8. Wine is good for about four days after opening if it is recorked. White wine should be refrigerated.
9. Blot up as much of the wine as you can using paper towels or clean white cloth. Pour white wine or club soda onto the stain, then blot again. Make a paste of three parts baking soda to one part water. Apply the paste to stain; let dry completely. Vacuum the paste away.
10. To open a bottle of wine that has a cork, you will need a corkscrew. Peel off the foil or paper covering and twist the corkscrew down into the cork. Next, just pull hard and the cork will pop out.