Lashkar-e-Qahhar e-mail came from Indore: Police
Police did not rule out the possibility of the e-mail being a prank but said the conclusion of the investigations will bring out the truth.india Updated: Jul 18, 2006 22:05 IST
Mumbai Police have traced the origin of an e-mail sent to a TV news channel by a little-known militant group Lashkar-e-Qahhar, which claimed responsibility of July 11 Mumbai blasts, to Indore in Madhya Pradesh, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
A person by the name Jack Smith from Lashkar-e-Qahhar had sent an email to the channel claiming that the blasts had been executed by a 16-member team of the group and that it lost one of its members in the explosion. It had also warned that there would be more attacks of similar nature.
A senior Mumbai Crime Branch official said that the origin of the e-mail has been traced to Indore while it would take some time to identify the exact place from where the mail originated.
"It is most likely to be an internet cafe and we will have to find out if the sender could be identified," the official said.
The official did not rule out the possibility of the e-mail being a prank but said the conclusion of the investigations will bring out the truth. "The name of the body claimed by him Lashkar-e-Qahhar is new to us but we are not taking any chance", he said.
Commenting on the e-mail claim that one of the executors was killed in the blast, the official said all bodies except one have been identified. The unidentified body was lying in Sion hospital in central Mumbai and we are keeping a watch on the developments," he said.