After nearly a month-long boycott of courts in Tamil Nadu, advocates on Thursday decided to suspend their agitation and attend courts from March 23.
The decision by advocates came a day after the Madras High Court ordered suspension of two top police officials over the February 19 lawyers-police clash inside the Court premises in which several lawyers and police personnel, besides a judge were injured.
The Joint Action Committee of advocates associations took the decision after a meeting in Chennai on Thursday evening.
Asked why the boycott has been suspended and not called off, a JAC spokesman said, "we are keeping our options open."
A Madras High Court bench had on Wednesday ordered the suspension of then Joint Commissioner of Police (North) M Ramasubrmani, who was transferred last month following the incident, and ACP A K Viswanathan.
The striking advocates had welcomed the court order and Tamil Nadu government had said it would comply with it.
The Madras High Court Advocates' Association secretary Vel Murugan said they took the decision in view of the court order on suspension.
Several Judges of the High Court had also asked the lawyers to withdraw the boycott, Murugan said.
He said the JAC meeting also demanded that the Tamil Nadu government act immediately and suspend the police officials.
Justice Srikrishna committee, appointed by Supreme Court to probe the violence, had in its report indicted both lawyers and police.