India is scaling new heights of progress: PM Modi to students in Katra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday addressed students at the convocation of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University in Katra.india Updated: Apr 19, 2016 12:52 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday delivered the convocation address at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University at Katra in Jammu and Kashmir.
Highlights of Modi’s speech:
- India has always showed the way whenever the human kind has entered in an era of knowledge and this is a century of knowledge.
- Our nation is scaling new heights of progress and with such a youthful population we can achieve so much.
- Dream to do something and not to become someone.
- People will try to misguide you and then you will yearn for your college days.
- Universities are funded by taxpayers money but this university is funded by poor.
- It may cost around Rs 10/km to travel in Katra, but travel cost/km of India’s Mars mission was less than Rs 7.
- Question of what next will play on your minds. But the person who knows what lies ahead won’t need to depend on others.
- Let’s pledge that we will do something for poor, because it was a poor pilgrim who contributed to build this university.
- Forget what could you not achieve, instead think of what you have achieved.
- This university is built through the contribution of so many pilgrims, many of whom came from far away places.
- Have courage to feel happy about what you are rather than regretting about what you could be.
- Recall what your parents did for you, they sacrificed their own happiness for yours.
- You may have thought of so much in your childhood but it may not have worked out. Forget that and instead think of what you have achieved.
Earlier, Modi opened a 230-bed private hospital in Katra in Reasi district.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra, chief minister Mehbooba Mufti, Union minister of state in PMO Jitendra Singh, deputy chief minister Nirmal Singh and health minister Bali Bhagat were present at the inauguration.
(With inputs from PTI)