Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Sunday in the 20th edition of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme of the All India Radio.
Modi had earlier urged people to give ideas for his popular radio programme. “Urging you to give ideas for #MannKiBaat to be held this Sunday. You can also call on 1800-11-7800,” the PM had written on Twitter.
Here are highlights of the radio broadcast:
- On June 21, International Day of Yoga I will join a programme in Chandigarh.
- Over last few days exam results have been coming. Congratulations to all candidates for their scores. Happy to see girl students shine.
- Gaurav from MP commented he scored 89% and I was very happy but he said his family was not happy and they wanted him to get 90%.
- Gaurav, I have read your letter and I am sure there are many like you out there.
- Why to find negativity from everything. It would be better if everyone around you had celebrated your scores.
- I am seeing that football’s popularity across India is increasing.
- I will say it again, please do not see everything as a win or loss. Its about sportsman spirit and creating the right atmosphere.
- There were polls, he was a CM candidate but Sarbananda Sonowal performed his duty as a sports minister. This is a big thing
- When we talk about the Olympics we do feel sad at the medal tally. But we need to create the right atmosphere to encourage athletes.
- Essential to be positive about our athletes. Let us not worry about the results.
- In this regard I want to appreciate @sarbanandsonwal. In the poll season he went to NIS Patiala for a surprise visit.
- Everybody was surprised and noted how a Union minister showed so much concern.
- Through the JAM (Jandhan, Aadhaar and Mobile) trinity we can move towards a cashless society.
- World is moving towards a cashless society and more technology is being used.
- I appeal to the citizens to pledge to not waste water in June, July, August and September this year
- We feel refreshed splashing water on our faces when we feel tired, this is such a precious gift of god
- Let us pledge to conserve every drop of water.
- Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh have used technology very well to mitigate the drought. Jan Bhagidari is also vital.
- So many states have undertaken wonderful efforts to mitigate the drought...this is cutting across party lines.
- Decided to meet every CM individually as opposed to calling all CMs together and having one meeting.
- Got the opportunity to meet CMs of drought affected states.
- Temperatures are rising, tension started after news saying that monsoon will get delayed by one week.
- The summer heat keeps increasing. We hoped it would relent a bit but it just keeps getting hotter.