Recipes for the Kamasutra brings sex straight into the kitchen, and expects to entice both men and women through aphrodisiacal ingredients and sensual food combos.
The author, Komal Taneja, has conducted a foraging tour, searching for a variety of ingredients that tantalise the libido through external and internal stimulation.
From innocuous fruits like the banana or the peach, to the various chilies and spices, these recipes are aimed to spark off sexual desire.
The preludes to the recipes include text passages that arouse the senses even before the reader gets to the ingredients.
And if that's not good enough, pictures from the Vatsyayana's Kamasutra are thrown in.
The 60-odd recipes are easy to prepare. Divided by courses, they can be made hour of the day.
Though it's a coffee table book, the the kitchen or the bedroom may actually be the best place for it.
Preparation time - 30 mins
Marination time - 1 hr
2 small pomfrets or red snapper
1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
1 cup thick curd
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
1/2 tsp peppercorns, freshly powdered
1 tbsp red wine
1 tsp garlic, crushed or paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of orange colour
salt to taste
Libido pouring sauce:
1 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
Green chillies and lemon wedges
1. Clean the fish, and with a knife, make deep slashes all around.
2. Use a blunt knife to coat the fish with marinade both inside and outside.
3. Chill for 1 hour then take out and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200C/400F for 15 minutes.
5. Remove and sprinkle lemon juice, but ter and red chilli flakes.
6. Grill both sides for 5-10 minutes to brown slightly.
7. Garnish and serve with Libido Pouring Sauce.
Kiwi cheese cake
Preparation time - 10 mins
Setting time - 2 hrs
100 gm cottage cheese, mashed and smoothened
100 gm cream cheese
2 tbsp kiwi, mashed Base
1 tbsp butter
1 cup biscuits, crushed
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp castor sugar
2 tsp gelatin in 4 tbsp lukewarm water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 drop of green food colour
Kiwi wedges or slices
1. To make biscuit base, rub biscuits and butter together into crumbs.
2. Press into two transparent, attractive glasses.
3. Sprinkle with a few drops of milk and chill for about 20 minutes.
4. For the topping, pour cottage cheese and condensed milk into a mixing bowl and beat well.
5. Add cream cheese, beat well.
6. In a separate bowl whip cream and castor sugar lightly; add to cheese and condensed milk and beat well again.
7. Add gelatin and lemon juice.
8. Add colour and mashed kiwi and mix well with a spoon.
9. Pour this flirtatious topping over the biscuit base and freeze for about 2 hours or till set.
10. Decorate and serve chilled.