REPRESENTATIVE OF the erstwhile Raja of Mahmudabad failed to turn up at the meeting convened by the Custodian of Enemy Property Dinesh Singh with the administration officials here to verify the claims of tenants. Singh left for Sitapur after the meeting to take stock of the claims and counter claims over post and pre-1965 tenants of the erstwhile Raja. A meeting between the representative of the erstwhile Raja and the Custodian is expected to take place in Sitapur on Tuesday after which the former would leave for Mumbai.
According to administration officials, so far 46 out of the total 57 occupants in the various properties of Mahmudabad in the State Capital have submitted affidavit claiming themselves to be pre-65 tenants of the former ruler of Mahmudabad. “These affidavits have been submitted in triplicates. While both the Custodian and the scion of the Mahmudabad Mohd Amir Mohd Khan would be provided with a copy each, the third copy of the affidavit would be retained by us,” said managing officer of the property Manoj Rai. The purpose behind the move is to provide Khan an opportunity to challenge or put down his objections/comments, if any, over the validity of these claims of the tenants, said an official. Likewise, the Custodian too would seek the opinion of legal experts before any eviction exercise in the matter would be initiated, he pointed out.
Here it is pertinent to mention that the Supreme Court has directed the authorities to hand over the possession of all post-65 allotted properties back to the heir apparent of Mahmudabad.