A major fire broke out on the seventh floor of Heritage Plaza, a residential cum commercial building located in Andheri east on Thursday morning.
The fire brigade officers rushed to the spot and doused the fire within half an hour.
Although no causality has been reported the companies where the fire broke out suffered heavy losses.
According to PR Parulekar, Chief Officer in charge, Andheri Fire brigade, the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the circuit box of a company called KAYBEE Infotech located on the seventh floor of the eight floor recently constructed building at around 10.20 am.
The fire later spread to the last floor in minutes damaging property.
"The damages caused by the fire are great although the specific amount of loss has not been calculated as yet. However, there are no reports of injuries from the spot. The companies located on the seventh and eight floors were totally engulfed by the fumes damaging the computers, furniture and the documents completely. As soon as we got a call four fire brigade engines and officers were rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control within 30 minutes," said Parulekar.
Email Megha Sood: Megha.firstname.lastname@example.org