The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday invoked the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against the ten accused arrested so far in the September 29 Malegaon blast case.
One more suspect would be arrested soon, ATS chief Hemant Karkare said at a press conference in Mumbai.
Karkare said the case would now shift to the special MCOCA court in Mumbai. Currently, the proceedings are underway at a court in Nashik district, under which Malegaon falls.
MCOCA allows police to keep an accused in custody longer than in ordinary case, before the chargesheet is filed.
He said that ATS' current "focus" was only on the Malegaon blast case, and not on Samjhauta Express explosions of last year.
The police officer said ATS was expecting some vital evidence to emerge from scrutiny of the laptop of Sudhakar Chaturvedi, one of the accused.
The investigation would be hopefully completed within 90 days, Karkare added.
Six persons were killed in the blast in the weavers' town in North Maharashtra. Among those arrested for the blast are Lt Col SP Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur.