Malegaon blasts probe in final stage: RR Patil
However, Patil declines to share any detail of the probe being carried out by the local police with the help of ATS.india Updated: Oct 08, 2006 20:11 IST
Investigation into the September 8 bomb blasts at Malegaon in Maharashtra was in final stage and going on in a proper direction, Deputy Chief Minister RR Patil said on Sunday.
Patil, who is also the Home Minister, declined to share any detail of the probe being carried out by the local police with the help of Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) and Central intelligence agencies.
"We will bring out the truth behind the Malegaon blasts soon," he told reporters in Nasik.
The multiple blasts in the powerloom town near here killed 31 people and injured more than 200.
He said a London police team would shortly arrive in Mumbai to see the details of investigation into the July 11 train blasts, which the ATS has claimed to have cracked.
The British capital's transportation system was targeted in terror attacks on July 7 last year.
Lauding the role of the Maharashtra police in maintaining law and order despite being short of manpower and equipment, Patil said the government was seriously thinking of increasing the salaries of police personnel.