Malegon accused complain of harrasment by police to court | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 24, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Malegon accused complain of harrasment by police to court

india Updated: Dec 01, 2006 20:39 IST

The Anti Terrorist Squad officials suspect a huge cache of arms which were not used by the alleged terrorist in the Malegaon blast to be in the state and their specific information being with four key accused arrested in the case for which they sought police custody of them before a special court on Friday which was granted to them.

The four accused whom the police suspect have vital leads to the explosives cache are Salman Farsi  Abdul Latif Aimi (35), Faruq Iqbal Ahmed Magdumi (33), Shaikh Mohammed Ali Alam Shaikh (37) and Asif Khan Bashir Khan alias Junia (30). The four were produced before the special MCOCA court and were remanded to police custody till December 6.

In their remand appliction the ATS stated that they required the police custody of the accused because durng the scientific test carried out on one of the accused Mohammed Zahid Abdul Majid Ansari many senitive revelations were made and sustanined interrogation of the accused was required for unearthing the entire conspiracy and recover the unused explosives. As the court extended the police custody of the accused.

Accused Salim Farsi complained to the court that he was shown a compact disc a day before he was subjected to narco analysis test containing the video of the Malegon blast which would reflect in the test. Following which another accused Mohammed Ali Allam also complained to thje court that the ATS has not provide any medical treatment to him as ordered by the court.

However, denying the allegations, ATS said that the accused were misleading investigating agency rather than cooperating with them and sought their custody to hold sustained interrogations of those arrested in the case.

The court also remded three more accused Noorul Huda Samsudoha (23), Shabbir Ahmed Masiullah (36) and Rais Ahmed Razaaq Ali Mansuri (30) were remanded to judicial custody till december 15.

According to police, on September 8, a large number of Muslims had gathered a masjid in Malegaon on the occasion of Shab-e-barat to offer Khairat. When they were coming out of the masjid three blasts occurred in different parts killing 25 persons and injuring another 240.