Maoists accept death of Marang | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 23, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Maoists accept death of Marang

india Updated: Oct 08, 2009 23:13 IST
B.S. Ray and M.P. Roy
B.S. Ray and M.P. Roy
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Body of Maoists Guerilla Squad Leader known as Marang was found in Hoomgarh Forest under Goaltore PS this morning police said.

Kishan Ji, a Maoist leader sent a fax message to local news men saying that Marang was brutally killed last night by CPM Cadres and Members of Combined Forces he said that Marang was out for marketing last night in Goaltore where from he was kidnapped by armed CPM cadres and their after he was killed. This was for the first time that the Maoists admitted death of any action squad member. So far combined forces claimed that they killed some action squad leaders during encounters in an around Lalgarh. But Kishan Ji Strongly denied these earlier incidents.

Marang was a son of the soil of Chhoto Pelia village in Lalgarh PS. He became an important action squad leader since encounter started with the CPM and the combined forces.
Talking to UNI, M. K. Varma SP West Midnapore District however said that there was no encounter between the combined forces and the Maoists in any area in West Midnapore District in the last to days.

“I confirmed that Marang was not killed in any encounter with the forces.” – Varma said. He could not say however who was responsible for Marang’s death.

Jhargram October 8. Suksanti Baskey, Treasurer of PCAPA was given 8 days police remand when submitted before the Jhargram Court today. He will be reproduced before the court on October 16 next. Though the public prosecutor wanted police remand for 21 days, Bishal Mangrati, ACJM, Jhargram Sub divisional Court granted only 8 days police remand.

Binpur: Kanai Bisui, A local Committee Member of the CPM in Binpur along with a ration dealer were tried by the Maoists in a Peoples Court Last night. Bisui was asked to leave the party immediately and the ration dealer order to behave properly with his customers. There after the houses of both ware ransacked and put on fire by the Maoists, police said.