Meditation waste of time | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 22, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Meditation waste of time

The calculation, “What will I get out of meditation?” must be dropped. You don’t have to get anything. You don’t have to benefit from this.

india Updated: Apr 20, 2011 00:12 IST
Sadhguru

The calculation, “What will I get out of meditation?” must be dropped. You don’t have to get anything. You don’t have to benefit from this.

Just waste 15-20 minutes every day; just learn to waste sometime, that is all. Nothing needs to happen. This is not about becoming healthy or becoming enlightened or reaching heaven, this is just wasting time.

“What is the take-away from today’s sathsang?” If you look for take-aways, you will only take petty things. The real thing will never come with you. If you want the real thing, stop the take-away business.

Simply be, nothing needs to happen. If you drop “What can I get?” in everything in your life, you will become really boundless and absolutely compassionate. There is no other way.

You just have to drop this one simple calculation because that is the key to your whole mind and the mental process.

People do not have the necessary awareness to simply be, that an alternative was suggested, which is for you to just be in love; because this is the one state where to some extent – I wouldn’t say all the way – you can be without a takeaway.

All the talk about developing a deep sense of love or compassion is only towards this, that you are taking away the expectation. By creating a strong sense of emotion towards somebody, “What should I get?” is being removed.

If you drop this one calculation in your life, 90% of your work is done; and the rest of 10% will happen on its own.

You know the snakes and ladders game? Many ladders and many snakes, up and down journeys will happen, but once you hit the last rung, after that there are no more snakes. In life too, it is just like that.

If you just drop this one calculation, after that no more snakes. It is just a question of time before you get there.

(www.ishafoundation.org)