Minor accuses RSS worker of sodomy, retracts later

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Bhind
  • Updated: Aug 04, 2014 20:04 IST

A teenaged boy who alleged that he was sodomised by a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker, has now retracted from his earlier statement. The 17-year-old had earlier complained to the police that he was sodomised by one, Sonu Garg, during a recently held RSS event.

After the incident, the boy had attempted suicide. He had consumed a poisonous substance and was admitted to a hospital. However, he was saved. The teenager had made a written complaint to the police against the RSS pracharak Sonu Garg, 22. The police took his complaint but did not register an FIR.

In a turnaround, the complainant on Monday said he had not been sexually assaulted. Even his parents said the boy was not sodomised. A convention of RSS pracharaks from the region was held in Bhind from July 23 to July 28.

As the participants were not allowed to leave the site of convention, until the event was over, the complainant had returned home after the event ended. On Sunday, he consumed poison. When his health deteriorated, he was rushed to the hospital. He told the doctors about the incident which prompted him to attempt suicide.

"I didn't reveal the incident to anyone because I thought it would bring infamy to the family. I wanted to die," he had told HT. The complaint was subsequently taken to the police station. HT has a copy of the complaint made by the boy to the police. On Monday, the minor boy retracted and said he wasn't sodomised at all. In fact, his parents went a step further to say that he hadn't gone to attend the RSS' programme. Garg, who was accused of sodomy, has been missing, after the incident.

(The complainant is a minor and hence his name has not been mentioned)

also read

Pak summons Indian high commissioner, expels diplomatic staff
Show comments