The government managed to get passed only 19 out of the 33 bills it planned to introduce in parliament in the monsoon session that concluded on Tuesday.
The government originally wanted to introduce 35 bills. But since nearly 50 hours of the month-long session were wasted in protests and adjournments, only 19 legislations were cleared by the two houses.
The following is the list of the bills that were passed by the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha in the monsoon session that began July 26:
1. Industrial Disputes (Amendment) Bill, 2009.
2. Securities and Insurance Laws (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2010
3. State Bank of India (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (LS)
4. Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2009
5. Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Bill, 2010
6. Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill, 2010
7. National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (Amendment) Bill, 2009
8. Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
9. Land Ports Authority of India Bill, 2009
10. Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
11. Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2008
12. Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2010
13. Jharkhand Panchayat Raj (Amendment) Bill, 2010
14. Personal Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2010.
15. Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Bill, 2006
16. Trade Marks (Amendment) Bill, 2009
17. Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Bill, 2010
18. Nalanda University Bill
19. Educational Tribunals Bill, 2010
Source: PRS Legislative Research, Centre for Policy Research