Mosque partially damaged due to fire in J&K | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 22, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Mosque partially damaged due to fire in J&K

A mosque was partially damaged in an accidental fire caused due to short circuit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar district in the wee hours on Monday, police said.

india Updated: Mar 22, 2010 12:32 IST

A mosque was partially damaged in an accidental fire caused due to short circuit in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar district in the wee hours on Monday, police said.

The fire emanated from a corner of the mosque at Pochal area, about 233 km from Jammu around 0200 hours and spread to the roof top, they said.

Three fire tenders rushed to the spot and fought the blaze for two hours to bring it under control.

Preliminary investigation showed that it was a case of accidental fire caused due to short circuit, they said, adding there was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the mishap.