The recent serial bomb blasts which rocked the financial capital of the country will have no effect on the international cricket matches scheduled to be played in India, BCCI President Sharad Pawar said.
Mr Pawar, while speaking to reporters said that he had spoken to all the cricket boards of different countries as well as the International Cricket Council (ICC) and there is no threat to the matches to be played in India including Mumbai.
The BCCI chief also said that there is no threat to the ICC Champions Trophy scheduled to be held in four centres of Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Hyderabad and all the top teams will participate in it.
After the bomb blasts on July 11, Australia had earlier showed apprehensions of sending their team given the security scenario, but now has decided to send their team after receiving assurances from India about the security of their players.
All the other nations have also decided to send their teams and they would be given top security while they were in the country, it was learnt from the sources.