Muthoot case: Accuse claims business links with deceased
Gangster Om Prakash, an accused in the murder of businessman Paul Muthoot George, has denied any role in the killing but claimed he was associated with the victim in real estate deals, police said on Tuesday.india Updated: Sep 15, 2009 21:28 IST
Gangster Om Prakash, an accused in the murder of businessman Paul Muthoot George, has denied any role in the killing but claimed he was associated with the victim in real estate deals, police said on Tuesday.
During interrogation, Prakash has claimed that he had offered his services to George to buy properties outside the state and was expecting a big amount as commission from the deals, police said.
George, executive director of the Kerala-based Muthoot group of companies, was killed by some persons near Alappuzha in the wee hours on August 22.
Prakash and another gangster Puthenpalam Rajesh, who were remanded to eight day police custody on Monday, were suspected to have travelled with George on the fateful day.
Prakash told police that he and Rajesh fled the scene after the gang attacked and killed George.
He claimed they escaped to Tamil Nadu and later moved to North India. They surrendered before a magistrate court in Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu and brought to Kerala last week, police said.
The investigating team on Tuesday took them to George's apartment in Kochi and a resort near Alappuzha where they had stayed before the murder.
The duo, proclaimed offenders under the state goonda act, had been listed as 15th and 16 accused in the case.