North Korea is likely to conduct three or four more nuclear tests following its first ever test last week, a South Korean lawmaker said on Thursday.
Opposition Grand National Party member Chung Hyung-Keun, who is a member of Parliament's intelligence committee, said there were signs indicating the North is preparing for a second test at a site in Kilju.
"Checking indications coming from intelligence agencies of different countries, it is certain that the North will conduct three or four additional nuclear tests in the future," Chung told SBS radio.
Chung said last week's test was conducted in a pit dug horizontally into a hill. Since then 30 to 40 people have been seen in the same area in what may be preparations for a second test, he said, quoting from intelligence reports.
The UN Security Council adopted a resolution mandating sanctions against the North for the test, but the North denounced it, saying it was tantamount to a declaration of war.