Nithari case: Pandher applies for bail
Moninder Singh Pandher, one of the main accused in the sensational Nithari killings, has applied for bail in a special CBI court, saying he had already been given clean chit by the agency in 16 cases registered against him.india Updated: May 18, 2011 20:39 IST
Moninder Singh Pandher, one of the main accused in the sensational Nithari killings, has applied for bail in a special CBI court, saying he had already been given clean chit by the agency in 16 cases registered against him.
In his bail application in the special CBI court of Judge Shyamlal, Pandher said he was detained in jail for the last 4-5 years although he had been given clean chit in the 16 cases, CBI advocate J P Sharma said, adding Pandher applied for bail on Tuesday but it was heard on Wednesday.
Judge Shyamlal on Tuesday directed CBI to file a reply to Pandher's application on May 20.
CBI had filed chargesheet in all the 16 cases but Pandher was not made accused.
Pandher, along with his domestic help Surender Kohli, was awarded death penalty by the Ghaziabad court in the case related to rape and murder of 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar in February 2009, but later Allahabad High Court acquitted Pandher.
Meanwhile, in the Nanda Devi (18) murder case, the then Noida Deputy Superintendent of Police Dinesh Yadav on Wednesday appeared for evidence in the CBI court as prosecution witness and was cross-examined by Kohli's advocate Subhodh Tyagi.
The court has fixed May 30 for defence's plea in the case.
A total of 16 cases were registered after the sensational Nithari serial killings came to light in December 2006, following discovery of human remains from a drain behind Pandher's house in Nita in the outskirts of Delhi.