No clues in triple murder | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 19, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

No clues in triple murder

india Updated: Oct 27, 2006 16:09 IST
Highlight Story

ANGERED OVER police failure to solve the triple murder case of Keswani family that occurred last week, traders in main business area of Freeganj have announced plans for a phased agitation. They have also declared cash prize of Rs 25,000 for any information in the case.

Shoe storeowner Manohar Keswani, his mother and daughter were brutally murdered at his house on October 19. The police have so far not been able to get any clue in the case either about the motive or the killers.

Moreover, the fact that the police had brushed aside the possibility of dacoity and were concentrating only on family matters and assets had also annoyed the traders as well as the entire Sindhi community.

Shaheed Park Vyapari Sangh officer-bearers Prakash Chittora, Sunil Gorecha and corporator Sanjay Mehta held a press conference on Thursday and criticised the police for its failure.

The Sangh announced that shops in Freeganj would remain closed for half a day on October 28 to protest against the police. The businessmen would take out a rally and submit memorandum to the district Collector, they added. The Sangh is also contacting other trader associations in the city to garner support.

Moreover, the traders alleged that the police were treating the relatives of the deceased as if they were the culprits. Meanwhile, over 100 persons protested at the Madhav Nagar police station demanding immediate release of Keswani’s servant Manoj Nagvanshi, who is under police custody after the murders for interrogation.

TI, SI line attached
THE AXE fell on Madhav Nagar police station in charge officer U P S Chouhan and sub-inspector Kulvant Joshi over police failure in solving the murder mystery. Superintendent of Police Jaideep Prasad on Thursday sent the duo to the lines and posted P S Bhadoria as new TI.

The decision has been viewed as an attempt of passing the buck on junior staff and a mere face-saving exercise, as the SP, ASPs and CSPs themselves were monitoring the investigation process.