These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTML & the Participant and apply to HINDUSTAN TIMES. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant and amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.india Updated: Nov 23, 2012 11:48 IST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NOIDA CONTEST
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/ OF THE ‘HINDUSTAN TIMES WIN IN NOIDA CONTEST’ (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “HTML”). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTML & the Participant and apply to HINDUSTAN TIMES. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant and amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. Period of the Contest: Start Date November 22, 2012- December 31, 2013
3. The Contest is open to all residents of Gurgaon, Delhi and Noida.
4. Participants can participate in this by holding a copy of Hindustan Times. If they are spotted by Hindustan Times-appointed contest officials with a copy of the newspaper, they will stand a chance of winning watches and mobile phones.
5. HTML shall have its sole discretion in selecting the winners of the Contest. The winners shall be entitled to the prizes as per the sole discretion of HTML.
6. All decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winners and the gifts shall be final and binding.
7. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Contest.
8. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
9. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be Delhi.
10. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
11. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any prior notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the Contest.
12. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
13. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML only and can be used by HTML (or any third party authorized by HTML in this regard) for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Contest.
14. Winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
15. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the Contest.
16. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this Contest, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
17. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
18. This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
19. The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the Participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
20. Participation in the Contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the Contest.