Noida schools mull over a hike in fee | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 22, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Noida schools mull over a hike in fee

Left with no choice but to implement the reservation under RTE, most Noida schools are apprehensive that they would have to pass on the burden to the general category students.

india Updated: Apr 14, 2012 01:06 IST
Astha Saxena

Left with no choice but to implement the reservation under RTE, most Noida schools are apprehensive that they would have to pass on the burden to the general category students.

"We cannot challenge the court's order, so we will have to follow it. But, the burden of 25% will definitely go to the remaining 75% students. As of now, this is the only option we have, ," said NN Nayyar, principal, Apeejay School, sector 16A.

There are more than 100 private schools in Noida, some of them already running separate sections for the under-privileged students from their own funds.

"We are yet to receive a copy of the ruling. It has a few norms for the minority schools. Ours is a Christian minority school. But, if it is a rule, we will definitely follow it and try to pool in more funds," said Anuradha Sharma, principal, Ryan International School, sector 39.

Claiming that funds being provided by the government are not enough, the school managements are worried how would they make the ends meet?

"The government provides 10% of the amount what is required to implement the EWS quota. Most of the schools will either have to hike the fees for rest of the students, or they would have to cut down the students' facilities. We don't want to compromise on either count, so would have to find an amicable solution," said Pramod Sharma, principal, Genesis Global School, sector 132.