Officials wrack their brains on ways to decongest Iffco Chowk | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 23, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Officials wrack their brains on ways to decongest Iffco Chowk

In a bid to decongest the service road between Ambience Mall and Iffco Chowk, the agencies concerned have suggested different options. Sunil Thapliyal reports.

india Updated: May 04, 2011 00:34 IST
Sunil Thapliyal

In a bid to decongest the service road between Ambience Mall and Iffco Chowk, the agencies concerned have suggested different options. The police have advised to construct a ramp while the director general (road) is in favour of constructing an underpass for decongestion of traffic.

“Police have suggested that for smooth traffic flow on the service road on left hand side of the expressway towards DLF Cyber City by construction of ramp for traffic going to Cyber City, in DLF Phase 3 directly from main carriageway. The director general (road) has said that an underpass may be the appropriate solution,” said SS Deswal, Gurgaon police commissioner.

“National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) may engage a consultant to carry out a study on it,” said Deswal.

According to DG (road), NHAI may utilise the service of the existing consultant working on the stretch between Rajiv Chowk and Kherki Daula.

“An NHAI member said that Gifford India could be given the additional work to carry out option study,” Deswal said.

According to the police, around 45% commuters do not use Shankar Chowk flyover and go straight below the flyover while the rest 55% take left turn. However at present, traffic headed in both the directions has to wait at Shankar Chowk.