Omar questions Sayeed's 'silence' on mobile tower attacks

  • Toufiq Rashid, Hindustan Times, Srinagar
  • Updated: Jun 02, 2015 21:23 IST

Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister on Tuesday questioned his successor Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on attacks on telecom operators in the Valley.

Questioning the "silence" of chief minister Sayeed on the issue, Abdullah said that he has failed to reassure people on the issue. Writing on micro-blogging site twitter, Abdullah said that Mufti Sayeed, who claimed to have started mobile services in the Valley, will be responsible for "demise and removal of cell phone services in Kashmir."

"Mufti Syed 02-05 "I gave the people of J&K cellphones" Mufti Syed 15-?? "I oversaw the demise & removal of cell phone services in Kashmir",'' he tweeted.

"Is it any wonder people are searching for the Mufti of 2002 & can't seem to find him anywhere!!! ,'' he further wrote.
Abdullah had earlier asked why he had failed to reassure people following the attacks.

"Has Mufti Syed said anything to reassure the people connected with the Cell Phone industry in Kashmir? A single statement? Probably won't!!" Omar tweeted on Monday.

also read

Controversial Modi poster at Agra college workshop stumps officials
Show comments