An explosion in an electronic store left a youth seriously injured and the ensued fire destroyed three shops in the city, police said today.
Twenty two-year-old Deepak sleeping at Prince Electronics Store here sustained serious burns in the last night's blast, cause of which was yet to be ascertained.
The power blast threw him to a distance of 200 metres and metal shutter of the shop coiled around a nearby electric pole. The fire that followed ravaged three shops.
The victim of Murari Lal street, who sustained 70 per cent burn injuries, was admitted to medical college hospital at Rohtak.
A forensic team has taken samples from the site and the cause of explosion could be established only after lab tests, police said.