The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday constituted a two-member high-level committee to probe into serial killings in Noida. The chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav also announced to Rs two lakh financial assistance each to the family members of victims.
With former Prime Minister VP Singh and Jan Morcha president Raj Babbar directly accusing the state government on the issue, Noida killings has snowballed into a major political controversy. VP Singh has demanded CBI probe into the case. However, the chief minister has rejected the demand for a CBI probe.
The secretary (Home) RM Shrivastav said on Sunday that another secretary (Home) AK Sinha and additional director general of police (crime, law and order) AC Sharma would probe into the matter and submit report within three days.
The committee would probe whether there was slackness on the part of the police in investigation of missing children from village Nitholi during the last two years. The two officers are expected to reach the village on January 1.
According to Home department spokesman the police had so far recovered 17 skeletons of missing children. The Chief Minister said Rs two lakh each would be given after verification of children.
So far the police have identified ten children either through photo identification by the killers or victims relatives on the basis of clothes and other belongings of the victims.
The police have already arrested house owner Mohinder Singh and his servant who were involved in the killing and sexual abuse of these children. The government had already suspended five police officials including two inspectors of the police station. Another inspector had been sent to the lines.
The government on the basis of the report would fix responsibility on those who committed laxity in tracing out the missing children. The spokesman said legal and departmental action would be taken against officials responsible for laxity.