Pakistan has said it saw no reason to feel that ceasefire with India along the Line of Control (LoC) and other Kashmir-related confidence building measures (CBMs) were 'under threat' even though Foreign Secretary-level talks expected last month did not take place following the Mumbai blasts.
Terming the LoC ceasefire reached in November 2003 as one of the biggest CBMs, Foreign Minister Khurshid M Kasuri shrugged off 'doomsday scenario' being projected in the media in Islamabad, saying "I don't agree with the reports being circulated by the doomsday brigade".
Kasuri, who had a 45-minute meeting with Indian High Commissioner Shiv Shankar Menon at the Foreign Office on Monday, dispelled suggestions that ceasefire on LoC and other CBMs were under threat.
"Well, that's not my impression. I don't think at this point it is being feared. I have not heard from anybody responsible in the two countries talking about undoing what has been done so far," Kasuri told reporters in Islamabad on Tuesday.
Kasuri refused to comment on his meeting with the Indian High Commissioner, whom he had apparently called to get a sense of the direction on the dialogue process.
Observing that the Indo-Pak peace process was not an easy exercise, he said that it required patience and steadfastness.
However, he voiced disappointment at the fact that while both the countries had moved ahead in CBMs, there had been 'no movement on conflict resolution'.