It’s time for some peachilicious fun! Our chefs show you how to make the best of the juicy fruit with these easy to make peach-based desserts.
Peach Pan Cake
2 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/12 tsp salt
2 tbs melted margarine
1 tbs sugar
1 well beaten egg
1 & 1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped peach
A pinch cinnamon powder
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine egg and milk; add dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Now add melted margarine into it. Add chopped peaches to this mixture and mix well. Bake on a hot griddle. Serve hot with butter and sprinkle cinnamon powder.
Recipe by Chef Inder Dev, Fortune Select Excalibur,Gurgaon
Peach Cream Cheese Crepes
2 peaches, peeled
1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp whipping cream
5 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp crushed almonds
Peel and slice peach. Keep aside. Whip cream cheese and sour cream. Add brown sugar and nutmeg. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the filling with 4 peach slices into the center of each crepe. Fold into quarters. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe by Chef Rajbeer Singh,Tivoli Cititel,Lajpat Nagar
500ml vanilla ice cream
300 ml raspberry puree
1 vanilla pod
Prepare 500 ml vanilla ice cream and 300 ml raspberry puree. Plunge 8 peaches into boiling water,then drain,cool and peel them.Make a syprup with 1 litre water, sugar and 1 vanilla pod. Boil for 5 min and then add the peaches and poach them in the syrup for 7-8 minutes on each side. Drain and cool completely. Cut each peach in half and remove the stones (pits). Line a large fruit bowl with the vanilla ice cream, lay the peaches on top, and coat them with the raspberry purée or spoon the ice cream into individual glasses, top with the peaches and Melba sauce, and serve scattered with flaked almonds.
Recipe by Chef Rajesh Variyath,Radisson Blu Hotel,Noida
All that you wanted to know about peach
* Peaches are available in red,yellow, white or a combination of these colours.
* Peach fruit is a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
* Peach is considered to be the symbol of longevity in some cultures.
* Peach comprises more than 80 % water and is a rich source of dietary fibre. It’s a healthy choice if you want to shun flab.
* Researches suggest that peaches have excellent antioxidant activity, antimicrobial activity and excellent tumour growth inhibition activity.
* In Eastern cultures, people consider peach to be a kidney cleanser.
* There can be several fun ways of enjoying the fruit. You can relish peaches in the form of salad, dessert, juice, shake or even flavour your tea with it.