Living room may have a lot of artefacts.
1. Living room: Living room may have a lot of artefacts. The lighting trends for this season look more towards minimalistic styles with a lot of emphasis given to accent lighting of artworks and similar objects of the house. Go for glare-free lighting fixtures so that the lighting source is completely invisible to people. You can even add elegance with a single piece, heavy chandelier.
2. Bedroom: Decorative lights look good in the bedroom. Apart from bedside lamps, desk and floor lamps, you can also go for small chandeliers.
3. Dining room: The decorative pendant above the dining table should generally follow the shape of the table. There should also be accent lighting for any interesting object or wall decor item, and the buffet table, if any.
4. Bathroom: Since hygiene is the most important aspect of a bathroom, light levels are vital. Install lights in the correct locations to give light coverage from all angles possible.
5. Kitchen: All corners of this area also need to be well illuminated. Apart from general lighting, task lighting on the kitchen counters is a must. Go for CFL or fluorescent lamps.
With inputs from Akash Kakkar, Director, LSI