We all eagerly await for our Diwali holidays, don’t we? Since Diwali is one of the most widely celebrated festival in India, it’s that time of the year when the whole nation seems to be gripped by the festive mood. The festival also gives you the perfect excuse to feast on traditional delicacies. And when it comes to the Diwali party, we all want to lap up as much fun as possible. You can double up the party fun by implementing some of these simple ideas and share the season’s greetings with your loved ones, while keeping the essence of traditions alive. With a bit of planning in advance, you can make your bash the most memorable one. Here’s how to go about it:
Double up the diwali fun
* Decorate the party area with loads of flowers. Always venture the flower mandis early in the morning to get the freshest flowers at the most reasonable prices.
* Light up the house with lights, candles and the Laxmi Ganesha Murti.
* Also deck up all the doors of the house with fresh flowers.
* Stock up candies, sweets and toys to distribute among kids.
* Get party caps with traditional motifs such as diyas.
* Serve yummy goodies but do not forget low cal mithais, cakes and desserts.
* Play interesting games that have a Diwali theme.
* Share jokes for lots of fun.
It’s the time for sharing
One fun-filled game to play during Diwali is Gift Exchange. Ask all your guests to bring an inexpensive wrapped gift (one that’s appropriate for both men and women), with no gift tag on it. A bottle of wine is always a safe gift. Have the guests draw numbers and choose a gift each in numerical order. For more fun, you could give the following player have the choice of choosing a new gift, or steal a gift from someone who has already opened his /hers.
Here’s a simple-to-make dish that you can serve your guests in Diwali
Vegetables & paneer spring roll
Serves- 1 portion
50 gm paneer
25 gm cabbage
10 gm carrot
10 gm spring onion
10 gm glass noodles
5 gm celery
Salt: to taste
Pepper: to taste
6 nos spring roll sheet
Oil: to deep fry
Crumble the paneer. Stir fry all the vegetables and add in the paneer and seasoning. Fold the above filling in the spring roll sheets. Deep fry till golden brown.