A local court has rejected an application filed by the Madhya Pradesh police seeking permission for extending judicial remand of alleged Malegaon bomb blast accused, Sameer Kulkarni in a case relating to arson in a Church in Jabalpur last year.
Judicial Magistrate First Class, Sanjay Singh on Friday rejected the application filed by the Madhya Pradesh police for the custody of Kulkarni.
Kulkarni's counsels Deepak Panjwani and K D Singh said that the police had failed to produce in the court Kulkarni who was lodged in the Central Jail at Nashik.
The counsels also said that the State police was yet to file a challan in the case on the ground that investigation was in progress.
Madhya Pradesh police wanted Kulkarni's judicial custody to further interrogating in connection with the arson inside the St Peter and Paul Cathedral on September 12, 2008 in the Cantonment area in Jabalpur.