The judicial custody of Lt Col Prasad Purohit, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast, was on Monday extended till February 21 by a court here in a case of procuring arms license on fake documents.
The army officer was produced before Judge V V Joshi as his remand in the arms license case ended today, Purohit's counsel Avinash Bhide told PTI.
The case was filed by Pune resident Shirish Date here on November 16. In his complaint, Date had claimed that the license for his gun had been obtained by his friend Purohit from the army quota using fake documents.
The court also rejected Purohit's request for home food. The officer had complained about quality of food being served to him in the jail.
Bhide, in an oral submission, said Purohit's grandmother, who is based in Pune, is ill and could not come to Nashik to meet him. Hence, he requested the court to allow his client to talk to his grandmother on telephone, but the plea was turned down.
Purohit was arrested in early November last year for the September 29 bomb blast in Malegaon, a powerloom town in this North Maharashtra district. Six persons were killed in the explosion. He is one of the 14 accsed in the case.