Real Estate: quirky facts
The real estate sector is expected to grow to $50 billion from $12 billion in the next five years...india Updated: Mar 11, 2008 00:24 IST
* The real estate sector is expected to grow to $50 billion from $12 billion in the next five years.
* Aggregate demand for office space is expected to be 61 million m over the next five years.
* Overseas funds announced for investment in Indian real estate amount to about $ 7 billion.
* Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in real estate in the past 12 months totaled to $1.2 billion.
* About 80 million units of housing will be required over the next 15 years.
* Housing sector has been growing on average at 34 per cent annually, while last year the hospitality industry grew by 10 per cent to 15 per cent.